Turn On Existing Service (Secure Form)

If there are no existing meters for the home or building, please fill out a New or Upgrade Service application.

Moving to a new residence and need service established in your name? Then complete the online form below. Since electricity is billed after it is used, we may require a security deposit before completing your application for service. If a deposit is required, we will render a bill for the deposit.

If you are currently a Delmarva Power customer, and you need the service for the old location taken out of your name, please use the Transfer Service Form.

If you have an immediate service need, please contact our Customer Service Center. In Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, call 1-800-375-7117. Our Customer Care Representatives are available Monday - Friday 7AM to 7PM; excluding major holidays.

When requesting new service, transferring existing service or discontinuing service, please provide us with as much advance notification as possible. This will help us to better meet your expectations by scheduling our resources most efficiently.

Please allow up to 2 business days to process your request, excluding weekends and holidays.

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).

Customer Information for the Account





How is the best way to get back in touch with you?*

Customer Marketing List*

Spouse or Co-Applicant Information*

Is there a spouse or co-applicant?




Previous Address

Have you ever had service with Delmarva Power at another address?

New Service Address


If in New Castle County, DE (map) do you require gas service as well?

Mailing Address

Would you like your monthly bill mailed to the New Service Address?

Additional Instructions